|GMG on their way to drupa 2020 with innovative colour management and solutions for the packaging industry
For many years, GMG has been a leading name when it comes to proofing and colour management. The world's largest trade fair for the printing industry is an important milestone for the software company. At a 300 square metre stand this year, GMG is showing several pioneering solutions, many specifically tailored to the challenges of the packaging industry.
GMG is taking a broad stance at drupa: In addition to the spacious GMG stand, the company is also represented at the drupa touchpoint packaging and in the dna - drupa next age - area Their stand in hall 5 offers plenty of space for exciting discussions with GMG’s color management experts.u
GMG shares valuable know how and demonstrates consistent customer focus with five of its solutions:
• Mastering multicolour production – consistent brand colours for conventional and digital printing. The trend toward digital printing in packaging production is progressing rapidly. The multicolour solution from GMG not only ensures the smooth integration of digital systems in conventional environments but also guarantees consistent results across all systems: whether reproducing custom brand colours or standard spot colours – even when printed on different digital printing machines running ECG ink sets, accurate results are a given.
• Efficient pressroom management thanks to reliable proofing. Packaging printers experience more pressure on deadlines than ever. Highest quality must be delivered in the shortest possible time. This means there is no time for multiple rounds of corrections at proofing stage. Perfect conditions for GMG proofing. With exact predictions of the printing results and reliable handling of spot colours, make ready times and machine downtimes are minimised.
• Colour-accurate prototypes for a reliable approval process. It’s much more than just an impression of the final product – with the award-winning solution from GMG, packaging mock-ups can now be produced with unmatched colour accuracy. This colour reliability and accuracy simplifies production greatly as there are no more misunderstandings and expectations are clear. An essential part of the solution: The GMG Calibration Creation Wizard. A smart tool that won the Innovation Award at Labelexpo Europe 2019.
• Digital ink drawdowns. This new solution from GMG creates reliable colour references from customer spectral data. The visualisation of an individually created ink recipe with the help of the digitally produced colour card revolutionises the dialogue between ink lab, printer and client. Time-consuming colour approval rounds are drastically reduced. Tolerances can be agreed before print. This improved process reliability not only increases efficiency in the ink lab but also on the printing press.
• Sophisticated image preparation in prepress. Achieving the best possible results in image processing using Adobe Photoshop, often relies entirely on the experience of the operator. Changes affecting individual colour channels, for example, are usually demanding, very time-consuming and often require several proof steps. A clever tool can help: with reliable soft-proofing function and profiling from GMG.
This year's drupa will take place from June 16-26, 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany. More information can be found on the official drupa website. To arrange an appointment with GMG at drupa, please email them at email@example.com
Find out more about GMG's solutions at www.gmgcolor.com