|Epson announces its first UV LED flatbed
For sign makers who are looking to expand their offering and produce high quality UV signage, Epson has announced the launch of its first UV LED flatbed signage printer. The SureColor SC-V7000 builds on the success of Epson’s award winning range of SureColor S Series signage printers, delivering high quality, fast and reliable results on a variety of different media.
The SC-V7000 has been designed to meet the needs of today’s signage businesses that must focus on faster throughput and a lower total cost of ownership, without compromising on results.
Available from November, this robust, affordable signage printer includes Epson’s Micro Piezo printhead combined with a newly developed set of ten original inks including grey, red, white and varnish as standard. This ensures accurate colour reproduction for spot and corporate colours – output that cannot be compromised.
A four zone vacuum system comes as standard – so operators only use the area needed for the print job. Further features such as an ioniser and registration pins provide ease of use, efficiency and productivity. Epson Edge Print RIP software along with the UV Flatbed controller software enables operators to speed up printing and produce high quality signage easily and repeatedly.
The UV flatbed printer, offering up to 2.5, x 1.25m print capability prints directly on to a wide range of substrates up to 80mm thick including acrylics, polycarbonates, PVC, aluminium, metal, polyester, foamboard, styrene, wood and stone.
Tom Owers, Pro Graphics product manager at Epson UK, says: “Every feature of the SC-V7000 has been designed with the customer in mind. We have added unique Epson features to differentiate and enhance our offering to the signage market. This is a robust and affordable UV LED flatbed signage printer capable of fast and quality printing on a wide range of media. The SC-V7000 proudly marks Epson’s entry into the UV flatbed signage print market.”
Key features of the SC-V7000 include:
• Newly developed 10 colour ink set with light cyan, light magenta, and grey to provide low graininess and red for vivid and bright prints.
• High speed simultaneous printing even when using white, colour and varnish achieved with its unique head layout. These additional inks provide the opportunity to embellish speciality prints with no loss of production.
• Maximum Print Size – W2,500 x D1,250mm
• Four Multi zone vacuum system
• Registration Pins for easy and consistent positioning
• Maximum media thickness 80mm with automatic height detection and adjustment
• Ioniser includes as standard to reduce static which can cause jetting inaccuracies
• Epson Edge Print RIP Software